Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No Wreath For Required


Well, it's been given a new life thanks to some festive picks that I found at Home Depot. Christmas is all about glitter for me, so I grabbed a few packs of these babies and got to work. 


First, I attached some pipe cleaners to the wheel form so I'd have a place to secure branches. (Don't worry, if you don't have a wheel form like this. You could use an old wood wheel, a round window, an antique wooden sieve - basically anything round that you can attach stuff to.)


I had some flocked pine on hand that I used as my base.


I just worked around the wheel attaching the branches until it was completely covered.


Once the pine was secure, I began adding my glittery picks, tucking and fluffing until everything was in place.


After that, it was complete!


A festive wreath without a wreath base or form. Pretty fantastic, right?



The colors are perfect in my space and add a touch of holiday cheer.


When the season is over, I just need to cut the pipe cleaners on the back, and it will come apart as quickly as it came together.


I love that wreaths are finding their way from the front door to practically every room in the house. And when you’re creating a wreath to celebrate the season or a special occasion, you’re only limited by your imagination. You can find even more wreath ideas in The Home Depot Fall Style Guide.



What fun and festive projects are you working on? What are some creative ways you've used wreaths in your home decor?






The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me for their Fall Style Guide Blog Network. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about any product mentioned in these posts. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.

No comments: